Edit: *The families of the airmen or women involved in the C-130 crash in Afghanistan and the families of the victims in the Roseburg, OR shooting are on the top of my mind in prayer today, please lift them up in this difficult time*
Helloooooo Friends and Family!
Happy Friday 🙂 Here are a list of the top 5 things I’m most thankful for this week! I love hearing from you in the comments below about what you are feeling thankful for too!
1) FaceTime Farielle!- I got to have the first FaceTime date with my roommate from the last 2 years of Dental School. It is very weird to go from seeing someone often to not at all. At any rate, this was definitely at the top of my list of things I’m thankful for!
2) Engaging God’s Word: Genesis, from Engage Bible Studies- this is the Bible Study that we have been going through in the woman’s Bible study I just joined. I really enjoy the way this study goes at a good pace – so you don’t miss details, but it isn’t super slow either. It is also a good combination of spiritual lessons and historical lessons. I feel like I’ve learned SO MUCH historically that helps me to connect concepts throughout the Scriptures.
3) Dark Chocolate, Olive Oil, and Red Wine Frozen Yogurt – So creamy and delicious! I made this frozen yogurt when Josh was gone a few weeks ago, and lucky for me – we still had homemade double cookie dough ice cream (that he likes better), so I got to enjoy a lot of this! I LOVE the creaminess of olive oil ice cream, and the red wine helps so it doesn’t freeze as hard. It was a win. This weekend Im going to try THIS recipe! Ill let you know how it goes 🙂
4) Harry Potter Movie Nights- I don’t know why, but every year since high school, when fall rolls around- I crave to watch the Harry Potter movies! Maybe it’s because they have such vivid Autumn/Winter scenes or maybe its because the Hallmark station plays them over and over this time of year ? Either way, I have been enjoying some time curled up on the couch with my Hubby this week watching movies 1 & 2. I think I can convince him to watch the rest with me if I make homemade Butterbeer… have you ever tried that?
— On a related note: We were wondering if the Harry Potter Castle actually exists, and to my knowledge- it looks like there is an actual castle where the first two movies were filmed, but it is not the exact same layout as Hogwarts. But, someone did share on Facebook today that you can visit the set (in London) of the “Great Hall” in Harry potter and actually dine there!
5) Making Progress – Hubby and I are going through Financial Peace University, and we made our very first official budget two nights ago. It’s so funny because I thought it was going to be a bit of a struggle (for both of us) to sit down and work through the budget – but we actually laughed and had more fun than I expected. Honestly, I know it will be hard for both of us at first – but I’m looking forward to making our money work harder, and seeing where it goes.
What are YOU thankful for this week?
Have you ever done a budget? Was it hard to stick to/figure out at first? Any advise in this area is much welcome!
I hope your weekend is wonderful and totally relaxing 🙂